Thursday, February 18, 2010

Detox

The package has finally arrived!
Three huge bottles of my gluten-solution: detox.
Well, pure medical food that tastes like sand.
Gingerbread, cardboard, crunchy, wet, sand.
Two scoops, twice a day, for as long as it lasts. Which, by looking at the bottles, could be awhile.
I like this idea, as stuffing my face with chocolate the last week with sorority stuff and Valentine's Day is getting to me. But, after my initial taste, even my poochy belly couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Bleh, why couldn't it be better, and yummy?
Cheers to fixing my "leaky-gut".

On a side note- do you know how hard it is to ignore gluten.
Do you really???
Every day, wherever I am, some sweet treat looks at me. Not only will that sweet treat be BETTER, and sweeter than mine, but its also something I'm allergic to.
The muffins and the cookies- I can't bare to go to the dining hall anymore.
I find myself saying "screw it" and stuffing my face, but then the acidic puking repercussions, and the scientific background I know, scares me all the more.
It really does kill my throat, stomach, and mostly- intestines.
Not something I want to mess with.
But on this campus, everyday is a struggle.
I mean BEER, has gluten.
Not that I would drink it anyways...

No comments:

Post a Comment