The problem with joining a sorority lies in two categories: food and drink.
Gluten isn't something most groups worry about, especially in the food loving state of Dallas.
When we go out to Mexican food for Chapter dinner, I'm pretty sure every food allergy is buttered up with a side of tortilla and guacamole.
Resisting such food, I have learned, is beyond my control.
Out of sight, or in my mouth.
The huge boxes we recieved from our bigs contained a high percentage of candy. (yay!) but, my favorites are all chocolate, which, yes, I'm allergic to (boo!).
The way I stuffed my face with that heavenly dish, was 1)disgusting and 2) foolish.
I was sick, swollen, and now, chubby from my divulging.
The symptoms are ten-fold for the average chocolate-craving teenager
Although I realize I only have one more year to say "teenager", and use it as an excuse, as well.
The drink, is another problem.
Although my school is "up-scale" to say the least, beer and vodka distilled from grain, is a current trend.
I'm left to wine, tequila, and hard liquor.
Not that this is high on my list, but the comsumption does increase as a new member of a sorority. The social events just supply it, whether or not you partake.
Either way, the temptation is brutal.
And, when have I had time to detox???
the Sandy "beach" detox diet with resume tomorrow.
Oh lovely.
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment